In ThinkReservations, you can copy the changes and work made in one rate type, and paste them into other rate types. You can also copy within the same rate type from one date to another date, or from another rate type from one date to another date. To begin, navigate to Settings > Rate Types, and click on the rate type you would like to update.
In the Rates & Restrictions tab, click the Copy from... button near the top right. The copy function is only available for rate types in which the Prices are set manually, not derived from another rate type.
|The Copy Rate Data Modal|
Copy from: Select the rate type you would like to copy rates or restrictions from. You may choose the name of the rate type you are currently working in if you would like to copy from one date range to another.
Date range: Select the range of dates you would like to copy from the selected rate type. If you select 30 days, 30 days will be pasted.
Start paste: Select the date you would like to start pasting the copied information. You will be alerted if the copied selection does not match the days of the week. Example:Data: Select the information you would like to copy.
Days of the week: Select the days of the week you would like to copy.
Room Types: Select the room types to copy information from and to.
Paste button: Click the Paste button on the bottom of the Copy Tool when you're ready to insert the copied data.
Always check the Rates & Restrictions calendar to ensure there are no mistakes before saving your work. When you are ready, you can click Save in the top right. Once you click Save, there is no undo.
Keep in mind the following notes when using this tool to avoid common pitfalls:
- Days of the week, and your start paste day.
- 2020 was a leap year. There were 29 days in February.
- Your holidays, festivals, and special events vary from year to year. For example, Memorial Day 2020 was May 25th, and in 2020 it's May 31st.
- Manual price and restriction adjustments that have been done on your selected date range.
- Copied data overrides what was set, if anything when you paste
- Review the work. Once you save your change, there is no undo button!
If you have any questions, please let us know!