When you access the details tab of a reservation, you will see all the rooms associated with the reservation and its dates. One reservation can host multiple rooms, even for different dates. Inside the reservation page, you can add and remove rooms from the reservation.
Add an additional room or booking:
- Click on the Actions button with the gear icon on the top right and select "Add Room."
- Put in your correct Check In and Check Out dates, occupancy, and click on "Search"
- After you search, find the room and rate type you would like to add to the reservation and click on the circle button to it's left. When done, click "Add Room".
- The new room is added to the reservation as a second booking. You can update the booking by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the booking under the status.
Remove a Room or Booking:
- When you view the details of a reservation, the right column will show you all the bookings that have been added to the reservation. Find the booking you would like to remove.
- Click the pencil icon Edit to the right of the booking to remove. You will be presented with the Edit booking popup.
- Click Delete booking to remove the room and all items inside that room from the reservation.
- In the popup, understand that you are removing the room and the associated items. Click Delete Booking again to confirm you understand.
Edit a Room:
If you simply want to edit the booking details, you can do so with the same Edit button used above. Note that OTA reservations cannot be edited this way. OTA reservations must be updated from their source channel, such as Expedia. As soon as the reservation is updated on the OTA, the reservation in ThinkReservations will be updated automatically. For all other reservations, you can update or edit the following:
- Arrival Date
- Departure Date
- Do not move (prevent drag-and-drop / guaranteed rooms)
- Rate Type
- Pets (if using native pet occupancy)
To edit a booking, follow these steps:
- Click the pencil Edit button to the right of the booking.
- Update the booking details as you see fit.
- Click Update on the bottom of the popup to save your changes.
- The reservation is updated.
- Optionally, you might want to send a "Reservation Updated" email to the guest. The changes you make don't trigger an email automatically.