ThinkReservations can automatically send out personalized transactional emails to your guests and customers with Email Rules. An email rule lets you define what email template to utilize, and when.
You can configure these by going to Settings → Email Rules.
You can customize the following:
- Which email template to send when a reservation is made online through the online Booking Engine.
- Up to two different emails before a guest checks in, such as reminder emails.
- One follow-up email to be sent after a guest checks out.
- Which email to send for a receipt when a gift certificate is sold online.
- Which email to send when delivering a gift certificate via email.
Choose the appropriate email template from the drop-down.
A Note on Last-Minute Bookings
Even though reservations might book with short notice, we understand that the content in your reminder emails is still important information. If a guest books with only a days notice, but your reminder is set to go out several days in advance, your reminder emails will be sent the first morning possible, depending on when the booking is made. This ensures that your guests don't miss out on the reminder emails that contain the important information you've put in your emails such as parking passes, driving directions, check-in instructions, etc.
The exception is same-day reservations. These bookings only receive reminder emails if the reminder email rule is set to 0 days.
A common configuration might be set up like this:
If you do not wish for an email to be sent out, choose None from the drop-down.
Press Save at the bottom of the page when you are done to commit your changes.
What time of day are automatic emails sent?
- Reminder emails are sent between 7:05 AM and 8:05 AM, depending on the property time zone. Reminder emails will not be sent earlier than 7:05 AM.
- Thank you emails are sent between 12:05 PM and 1:05 PM depending on the property time zone. Reminder emails will not be sent earlier than 12:05 PM.
- The email tool runs every 2 hours. Therefore, if a reservation is made after the automatic reminder emails have been sent, the reservation's reminder will be sent when the tool runs next (within 2 hours). The tool stops running at midnight and starts again the next day, at the given times above.
- The exception is SAME DAY reservations: Same-day reservations only receive a reminder email if the reminder email rule is set to 0 days. Same-day reservations only receive the Confirmation Email (or whichever template is set to go out when a reservation is created on the booking engine).
This is also where you upload your logo for your email header. This logo is presented at the top of your email templates. Rectangular images with a transparent background work best. The system will automatically resize the image, but it's best to use a file less than 1 MB.